The following is an announcement from Kraft Foods:
A resident of Lynnfield, Mass., Suzanne Aiken recently won a Dream Trip to France by entering her recipe for Savory Lemon Herb Crepes on Real Women of Philadelphia’s Dream Trips contest. Cooking was always one of Suzanne’s favorite hobbies, entertaining for friends and family at traditional Sunday night dinners, but she was looking to further challenge herself in the kitchen. Balancing her Apple computer across the kitchen table and chairs, Suzanne filmed her French-inspired dish, spent hours editing the clip and shared her creation with the online community. Her luscious yet easy-to-make dish was chosen as the winner.
Truly a dream come true for Suzanne, a trip to France was something she and her late husband had always wanted to do. Her first trip to France will also be the first vacation she has taken in 13 years. She’s looking forward to taking her close friend, sitting in a café with among beautiful baked goods and having a fine French dining experience to help inspire her for future recipes.
This isn’t the first time Suzanne has been recognized in the Real Women of Philadelphia community for her outstanding dishes. Her Pilgrim Pork Chops were featured in the Season 1 cookbook, a community-themed cookbook featuring the “best of the best” recipes.
- 10 ounces package Philadelphia Savory Lemon & Herb Cooking Creme
- 1 Fully cooked rotisserie chicken with meat stripped and cut into bite size pieces
- 1 fresh lemon zested and juiced
- 1 1/4 cups frozen pea and carrot blend
- 1/2 tsp lemon pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- For Crepes: Place milk, water, eggs, butter and oil in a blender or food processor and pulse for 30 seconds to mix
- Add flour, lemon pepper, salt, and a generous pinch of the lemon zest to the wet ingredients and mix for another minute until smooth
- For Filling: In a medium sauce pan stir together the Philadelphia lemon herb cooking creme, the lemon juice and a healthy pinch of lemon zest and mix well
- Add the frozen carrot and pea blend to the pan and then the chicken stirring everything together. Heat through on low while making the crepes.
- To make crepes: Heat a nonstick skillet on medium high heat. Coat the pan with nonstick spray.
- Pour one quarter cup of batter into the middle of the pan and immediately tilt and whirl the pan to make a larger, thinner circle and cook completely through.
- Flip the crepe over as it cooks through and begins to brown. Slide on to a plate and fill with the chicken mixture down the middle of the crepe. Fold over the sides of the crepe, flip it over if you wish and garnish with lemon zest.