Back in January, this website interviewed Lynnfield resident Tracy Ellsworth about her plans to run the Boston Marathon this spring to raise money for Children's Hospital.
As noted in this initial article, Ellsworth is a 1985 graduate of Lynnfield High School who only seriously got into running about five years ago. In fact, the Boston Marathon, which is April 15th this year, will be her first full marathon - so far, Ellsworth has competed in four half-marathons.
Before she does the Boston Marathon though, Ellsworth reports that she is having a karaoke fundraiser for Boston Children's Hospital on Saturday, March 30th from 7 to 11 p.m. at the Bali Hai Restaurant in Lynnfield. Along with karaoke, the event features a Chinese buffet. Admission is $10 at the door.
To visit Ellsworth's fundraising page for Boston Children's Hospital, click here.
See More on Patch
- Lynnfield Runner Was 50 Yards Across Finish Line When Blasts Occurred
- For Lynnfield Runners, a 'Bone-Chilling' Day
- Before Bombing, Six Lynnfielders Were Able to Finish Boston Marathon
- Who in Lynnfield is Running the Boston Marathon on Monday?
- Lynnfield Man Running Fifth Boston Marathon for Cancer Research