Five Lynnfield Teachers Retiring This Year
Departing faculty members honored at Tuesday night's school committee meeting.
On Tuesday evening, the Lynnfield School District bid farewell to five of its longtime educators who are calling it a career as the school year winds down.
To mark the occasion, School Committee Chair Dorothy Presser presented the five teachers with commemorative books. Retiring from the school district this year are:
- Gail Naylor, the Lynnfield Middle School 5th grade teacher who is also known for her annual Memorial Day tradition of bringing her students to place flags at veterans' graves in the town's historic cemeteries. As noted in this article from last month, while Gail is retiring, the Memorial Day tradition is expected to go on, under the leadership of fellow LMS teacher Mark Vermont.
- Maryann Mazzola, 3rd grade teacher at Huckleberry Hill Elementary School.
- Sue Arrington, art teacher at Summer Street Elementary School.
- Sue Ferrante, 2nd grade teacher at Summer Street School. Sue has also taught at Huckleberry Hill in the past.
- Sue Tsiatsis, media specialist at Summer Street School.